CONTRACT NO. 1
CONSTRUCTION OF PAINT SHOP, OFFICE BUILDING, BRIDGE AND SEWAGE TREATMENT WORKS FOR THE NEW BAIC PROJECT TO BE CONSTRUCTED IN ZONE 1 OF THE COEGA IDZ
INVITATION AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Beijing Industrial Designing and Researching Institute Co., Ltd and BAICSA is inviting capable and competent Contractors to submit tenders for the construction of the following building work and associated electrical, mechanical, compressed air, HVAC, fire protection engineering Works, etc:
- Paint Shop:
- Main structure approximately 272m x 80m with eave heights 13,75m east side and 15,75m on west
- Ground floor area: 20 800 m²
- Mezzanine area: 8 350 m²
- Lean to structure 160 x 7m and height 5,3m along east side
- Lean to structure 250 x 8.2m and height 5,3m along west side
- Chimney: 6m x 7m x 40m high
- Bridge between Paint Shop and Body Shop/Assembly Building
- Bridge length: 48m with footprint area 384 m²
- Bridge cross section: 8 m x 10,4m and 10,5m at eaves
- Bridge level: Underside of bridge approximately 5m above ground level;
- Bridge structure: Structural steel frame supported on reinforced concrete bases and stub columns;
- Metal roof with single slope. Roof includes a number of skylights;
- Sides cladded and include windows.
- Bridge equipped with sprinkler system.
- Office Block
- Three storey corporate and administrative centre, comprising of a main entrance and exhibition hall, reception area, offices for corporate personnel and administrative staff, boardrooms and meeting rooms, toilet and other services areas.
- The ground floor is 1 192 m² and the second and third floor each 1 424 m². The overall floor area of all three floors is 4 040 m².
- Main features:
- Reinforced concrete framed structure
- In-situ cast reinforced concrete suspended floor slab
- In-situ cast reinforced concrete suspended roof slab
- Plastered and painted brick infill walls
- Reinforced concrete staircases
- Carpet and tile floor finishes
- The central section of the front façade of the building featured a glass wall that runs from ground level to second floor level.
- Sewage Treatment Works:
- The Sewage Treatment Works receives and treat the production effluent.
- The Sewage Treatment Works consists of two separate structures, namely a Chemical treatment building for the make-up of chemicals and chemical dosing with blowers, pumps, dewatering equipment, filter presses, mixing and settling tanks, etc and a separate multi compartmental tank with holding cells for the treatment of the different production effluents.
- The Chemical Treatment Building has a length of 51,5m and a width of 16m and has a double volume with an elevated walkway to allow direct access from the Chemical Treatment Building onto the top of neighbouring Treatment Tank.
- The structure of the Chemical Treatment Building comprises of a structural steel portal frame with metal roof and side cladding, with acid resistance concrete floor and a 1m high perimeter wall. The roof height is 9,2m at the apex and 7,2m at the eaves.
- The multi compartment Treatment Tank is a reinforced concrete structure, 52m in length, 17,35m wide and 5 m deep with a concrete roof slab. The roof slab has a number of openings for access and also for airflow to certain of the chambers.
- The Chemical Treatment Building is equipped with a sprinkler system.
- The floor area of the Chemical Treatment Building is 860 m². The Treatment Tank has a foot print area of 1 000 m².
- Tenderers shall be registered with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and should have a CIDB Contractor grading of 9GB or 8GB PE or higher.
- A functionality scoring system shall apply and only tenders that score above the minimum set threshold shall be considered.
- Bidders must submit a valid BBBEEE Verification Certificate from SANAS Accredited Verification Agency or from a Registered Auditor approved by Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) in order to be eligible for empowerment points. Please Note - Entities who will be submitting as a Joint Venture must submit a consolidated BBBEEE Certificate for this project and not individual B-BBEEE Certificates of their entities.
- The following scores will be applied.
- Price - 90
- B-BBEEE Status - 10
A mandatory briefing meeting will be conducted on Thursday 10 August 2017 at 14H00. Representatives from the BIDR will meet prospective Bidders in meeting room on first floor of the Radisson Blu Hotel, Marine Drive, Port Elizabeth.
Only one original completed bid document shall be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “BIDR – CONTRACT NO 1: CONSTRUCTION OF PAINT SHOP, OFFICE BUILDING, BRIDGE AND SEWAGE TREATMENT WORKS FOR THE NEW BAIC PROJECT TO BE CONSTRUCTED ZONE 1 OF THE COEGA IDZ”.
The closing date and time for the receipt of completed bids is Wednesday 23 August 2017, 12h00 at the tender box at the offices of Greyvenstein’s Attorneys, at St George’s House, 104 Park Drive, Central, Port Elizabeth. Bids will be opened in public at the offices of Greyvenstein’s Attorneys directly after the closing time for the tenders. No late proposals will be considered. Greyvenstein’s telephone number is 041 501 5500. REVISED TENDER CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 18 SEPTEMBER 2017 AT 12H00
Failure to provide any of the mandatory information required in this Bid will result in the submissions being deemed null and void and shall be considered non-responsive. Respondents must include a valid and original SARS Tax Compliance Certificate in their submissions in order to be considered.
Telegraphic, telexed, facsimiled or e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
No telephonic or any other form of communication with any BIDR or BAICSA members of staff will be permitted. All enquiries regarding this bid must be in writing only, and must be directed to:
BIDR reserves the right to not accept the lowest tender offer, or any other tender offer, whether in part or in whole, or any tender offer at all. BIDR shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into communications with anyone with regard to an award or not of any of the tenders received, in full or in part.
Notice to SMME contractors:
Tender information for works reserved for SMME will be advertised on this website (www.bidrsouthafrica.co.za). Only SMME’s that are registered on the BAIC SA’s SMME database may participate in the bid.
Those SMME’s that wish to submit bids must first register on the BAICSA’s SMME database before submitting a tender.
SMME’s are invited to register as SMME contractors and suppliers on the database at this link: https://app.bidr.co.za
BIDR shall manage the SMME Registration database.