NEW BAIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURING PLANT TO BE CONSTRUCTED AT COEGA INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE FOR BAIC AUTOMOBILE SA PROPRIETARY LIMITED
CONTRACT NO. 3/4
CONSTRUCTION OF BULK STORMWATER FACILITIES, WATER HARVESTING FACILITIES, LANDSCAPING AND GRASSING AND SURFACE FINISHES TO ROADS AND PARKING AREAS FOR THE NEW BAIC PROJECT TO BE CONSTRUCTED ZONE 1 OF THE COEGA IDZ
INVITATION AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Beijing Industrial Designing and Researching Institute Co., Ltd and BAICSA is inviting capable and competent Service Providers to submit tenders for the Construction of the following civil engineering infrastructure Works:
- Construction of 3 No earth stormwater detention ponds, including inlet, outlet and overflow structures;
- Precast concrete stormwater pipelines and channels, including manholes and ancillary structures;
- Construction of 4 No reinforced concrete water harvesting tanks;
- Landscaping comprising of grassing, hydro seeding, grass sod planting, plants, shrubs, cuttings and trees;
- Parking area: Layerworks, premix surfacing, concrete paving and kerbing, etc;
- Work to the value of not less than 35% of the Contract Sum must be reserved for SMMEs. A minimum of 30 SMME Grade 1 contractors must benefit from this allocation;
- Tenderers shall be registered with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and shall have a CIDB Contractor grading of 8CE or higher. However, developmental enterprises with a 7CE PE grading may also submit tenders.
- BIDR’s Procurement Policy & Procedures shall apply.
- Bidders must submit a valid BBBEEE Verification Certificate from a SANAS Accredited Verification Agency or from a Registered Auditor approved by Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) in order to be eligible for empowerment points. Please Note - Entities who will be submitting as a Joint Venture must submit a consolidated BBBEEE Certificate for this project and not individual B-BBEEE Certificates of their entities.
- A functionality scoring system shall apply and only tenders that score above the minimum set threshold shall be considered.
- The following scores will be applied to the ranking of tenders:
- Price - 90
- B-BBEEE Status - 10
A mandatory briefing meeting will be conducted on Thursday, 22 February 2018 at 12H00. Representatives from the BIDR will meet prospective Bidders in meeting room on first floor of the Marine Hotel, Marine Drive, Port Elizabeth.
Only one original completed bid document shall be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “BIDR – TENDER No 3/4: CONSTRUCTION OF BULK STORMWATER FACILITIES, HARVESTING TANKS, ROAD FINISHES AND LANDSCAPING FOR THE NEW BAIC PROJECT TO BE CONSTRUCTED ZONE 1 OF THE COEGA IDZ”. The closing date and time for the receipt of completed bids is Friday, 2 March 2018, 12h00 at the tender box at the offices of Rousseau Probert Elliott, 163 Main Road, Walmer, PORT ELIZABETH, 6070
Failure to provide any of the mandatory information required in this Bid will result in the submissions being deemed null and void and shall be considered non-responsive. Respondents must include a valid and original SARS Tax Compliance Certificate in their submissions in order to be considered.
Telegraphic, telexed, facsimiled or e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
No telephonic or any other form of communication with any other BIDR member of staff, other than the named individual below, relating to this request for bid will be permitted. All enquiries regarding this bid must be in writing only, and must be directed to:
BIDR reserves the right to not accept the lowest tender offer, or any other tender offer, whether in part or in whole, or any tender offer at all. BIDR shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into communications with anyone with regard to an award or not of any of the tenders received, in full or in part.