NEW BAIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURING PLANT TO BE CONSTRUCTED AT COEGA INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE FOR BAIC AUTOMOBILE SA PROPRIETARY LIMITED
TENDER INVITATION AND TENDER REQUIREMENTS
ENERGY CENTRE AND OIL/CHEMICAL STORE
SUBCONTRACT FOR THE FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEMS, FIRE HOSE REELS, EXTINGUISHERS AND SMOKE DETECTION AND ALARM SYSTEM
INVITATION AND SCOPE OF WORK
Tenders are invited for the supply, installation, testing and commissioning of a complete fire sprinkler system, hose reels and extinguishers and signage, and smoke detection and alarm system for the Energy Centre and Oil/Chemical Store for the BAIC project at Coega IDZ.
The construction of the Energy Centre and OIL/Chemical Store is currently being constructed by China State Construction. The construction of this building is at an advanced stage.
Tenders are now invited from fire contractors that are registered on the BIDR Procurement Data Base with a minimum CIDB grading of 5SF or 4SF PE to submit tenders for this project.
Contractors that wish to tender but who are not on the BIDR Procurement Data Base must register. Tender SMMEs are invited to register as SMME contractors and suppliers on the database at this link: https://app.bidr.co.za
Instructions for registering can be found here
Only contractors that has a CIDB grading equal or higher than Category 5SF or 4SF PE, or higher shall be allowed to submit tenders.
Tender notices shall be e mailed to those contractors who are listed on the BIDR Procurement Data Base and who has the correct CIDB grading.
- Tenderers shall be registered with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) and should have a CIDB Contractor grading as shown for each of the tenders above.
BIDR’s Procurement Policy & Procedures shall apply.
- Bidders must submit a valid BBBEEE Verification Certificate from SANAS Accredited Verification Agency or from a Registered Auditor approved by Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) in order to be eligible for empowerment points. Please Note - Entities who will be submitting as a Joint Venture must submit a consolidated BBBEEE Certificate for this project and not individual B-BBEEE Certificates of their entities.
- A functionality scoring system shall apply and only tenders that score above the minimum set threshold shall be considered.
- The following scores will be applied:
- Price - 90
- B-BBEEE Status - 10.
- Only tenders with a contract price of +10% above the Engineer’s estimate and -15% below the Engineer’s estimate shall be considered.
A compulsory Tender Clarification Meeting shall be held at 10h00 on Monday 26 February 2018 at the offices of Uhambiso Consult at 131 Prospect Road Walmer.
Tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “BIDR– ENERGY CENTRE, OIL/CHEMICAL STORE: FIRE SPRINKLER INSTALLATIONS, FIRE HOSE REELS, EXTINGUISHERS AND SMOKE DETECTION”.
The closing date and time for the receipt of completed bids is Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12h00 at the tender box at the offices Rousseau Probert Elliott, 163 Main Road, Walmer, PORT ELIZABETH, 6070. No late proposals will be considered.
Failure to provide any of the mandatory information required in this Bid will result in the submissions being deemed null and void and shall be considered non-responsive. Respondents must include a valid and original SARS Tax Compliance Certificate in their submissions in order to be considered.
Telegraphic, telexed, facsimiled or e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
No telephonic or any other form of communication with any other BIDR member of staff, other than the named individual below, relating to this request for bid will be permitted. All enquiries regarding this bid must be in writing only, and must be directed to:
BIDR reserves the right to not accept the lowest tender offer, or any other tender offer, whether in part or in whole, or any tender offer at all. BIDR shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into communications with anyone with regard to an award or not of any of the tenders received, in full or in part.