NEW BAIC VEHICLE MANUFACTURING PLANT TO BE CONSTRUCTED AT COEGA INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE FOR BAIC AUTOMOBILE SA PROPRIETARY LIMITED
FIRE PUMPING EQUIPMENT AND PIPE AND ANCILLARY WORK
CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW BAIC PROJECT TO BE CONSTRUCTED ZONE 1 OF THE COEGA IDZ
INVITATION AND SCOPE OF WORK
Tenders are invited for the supply ONLY of FIRE PROTECTION PUMPING EQUIPMENT for the BAIC project at Coega IDZ.
Tenders are now invited from fire equipment suppliers that are registered on the BIDR Procurement Data Base for the following fire pumping equipment:
- Electrical driven jockey pump
- Two (2) Diesel driven main fire pump and drive.
- Fire pump starting arrangement
- Engine drive controllers and ancillary equipment.
- Water flow test devices
- Fuel storage and piping.
The installation, testing and commissioning of the pumps shall be done under a separate contract.
Suppliers that wish to tender but who are not on the BIDR Procurement Data Base must register. Tender SMMEs are invited to register as SMME contractors and suppliers on the database at this link: https://app.bidr.co.za
Instructions for registering can be found at
- BIDR’s Procurement Policy & Procedures shall apply.
- Bidders must submit a valid BBBEEE Verification Certificate from SANAS Accredited Verification Agency or from a Registered Auditor approved by Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA) in order to be eligible for empowerment points. Please Note - Entities who will be submitting as a Joint Venture must submit a consolidated BBBEEE Certificate for this project and not individual B-BBEEE Certificates of their entities.
- A functionality scoring system shall apply and only tenders that score above the minimum set threshold shall be considered.
The following scores will be applied:
- Price - 90
- B-BBEEE Status - 10.
- Only tenders with a contract price of +10% above the Engineer’s estimate and -15% below the Engineer’s estimate shall be considered.
No Tender Clarification Meeting shall be held.
Tenders must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “BIDR– FIRE PUMP EQUIPMENT”.
The closing date and time for the receipt of completed bids is Tuesday, 6 March 2018, 12h00 at the tender box at the offices Rousseau Probert Elliott, 163 Main Road, Walmer, PORT ELIZABETH, 6070. No late proposals will be considered.
Failure to provide any of the mandatory information required in this Bid will result in the submissions being deemed null and void and shall be considered non-responsive. Respondents must include a valid and original SARS Tax Compliance Certificate in their submissions in order to be considered.
Telegraphic, telexed, facsimiled or e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
No telephonic or any other form of communication with any other BIDR member of staff, other than the named individual below, relating to this request for bid will be permitted.
All enquiries regarding this bid must be in writing only, and must be directed to:
BIDR reserves the right to not accept the lowest tender offer, or any other tender offer, whether in part or in whole, or any tender offer at all. BIDR shall not be obliged to give any reasons or enter into communications with anyone with regard to an award or not of any of the tenders received, in full or in part.